The following is a list of possible resources for exploration on Leadership & Influence. A good way to get started in this course is to explore some of these resources.
Critiquing lists of great leaders
- Time Magazine-s 100 Great Leaders of the 20th Century. What do you notice about the list ?
Lists of leadership attributes of great leaders
- make sure you are have wattle open and click here and you can download this article (See Haslam and Platow 2011:11).
What do such lists reveal about the “cult of the individual”
Some good resources
- Bob Hawke on Leadership Melbourne Uni Podcast 2011
- Robert Sutton, Professor of Management Science and Engineering, Stanford School of Business. Background Briefing October 17th (MP3).
- The 2010 John Button Oration with Noel Pearson Big Ideas October 17th (MP3), talking about how his Cape York Institute has been using Amarta Sen’s work on capacity.
- A truly reconciled Australia. That’s the wish of Mick Gooda, the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander social justice commissioner. He addressed the National Press Club and outlined his priorities for his first term as commissioner. These include reconciliation, Aboriginal health, a referendum on the Australian constitution and repairing the relationship between governments and Indigenous Australia. http://www.abc.net.au/rn/breakfast/stories/2010/3055590.htm
- Bill Gates in an address to Stanford University students argues that we don’t have enough innovators or great minds to meet the challenges of the future. And the way to draw more people into thinking big and out of the box is to change how we teach students.
Examples of Extraordinary Leadership
- Palestinian doctor Izzeldin Abuelaish with David Leser at the Sydney Writers Festival (ABC Radio National MP3
- The day Nicky Winmar drew the line