In the portfolio, students explore a ‘Gap in the Knowledge’ of their choosing.
- Artificial intelligence and Singularity, by Afiq (2014) zipped PPT
- Digital Technology and the Way Forward, by Alya (2015) PDF
- The Health Divide: Physical and Mental Health, by Ben (2015) Website
- (password: “VCUG2001”)
- Speaking Notes for an Oration, by Ben (2014) PDF
- Video in three parts, by Jonathan (2015) YouTube Video
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health, by Lucy (2014) PDF
- Search for the Rule of Law, by Nabil (2014) zipped iBook
- Learning to learn? Education in Australia, by Olivia (2014) PDF
- Sharing Knowledge Across Cultures, by Tiff (2015) Website
In the group project, students explore a fundamental piece of knowledge.
- Navigating Food Choices - Ben, Saksham and Tiff (2015) video
- The ‘Creating Knowledge’ rap (2013) YouTube
These assessment items are now archived, but there are many tasks still in the course that are similar, and could provide inspiration for the current course.
Interview a researcher
Students interviewed ANU academics on how they create knowledge and push the boundaries of understanding, in what proves to be a fascinating insight into some of Australia’s top minds.
- Taking a Hardline on Software, Interview with Dr. Michael Norris by Cameron PDF
- Keeping Up With The Colonies, Interview with Dr Debjani Ganguly by Jack PDF
- Korean Popular Culture, Interview with Dr Roald Malingkay by Alexandra PDF
- Living In The Grey, Interview with Dr. Carleton (Bruin) Christensen by Samantha PDF
- Interview with Prof. Martin Banwel by Alicia PDF
- Interview with Dr. Peter Hendriks by Joanne PDF
- Interview with Prof. Richard Brent by Tasnim PDF
- Interview with Dr. Andrea Acri by Graeme PDF
- Why Politics?, Interview with Prof. Ian by Anonymous PDF
The following pieces of reflective writing were created by students from Interdisciplinary Studies, Law/Economics, Science and Arts/Anthropology. They reveal their early views on their learning in the course.