Take a VC’s Course
|The Art of Making||TBA||Early in degree||UG||via ISIS|
|Creating Impact||Semester 1||Early in degree||UG+PG||via ISIS|
|Creating Knowledge||Semester 2||Early in degree||UG only||Apply|
|Leadership & Influence||Semester 1||Middle of degree||UG+PG||via ISIS|
|Unravelling Complexity||Semester 1||Later in degree||UG+PG||Apply|
|Mobilising Research||Winter Session||Later in degree||UG+PG||TBA|
|Wicked Problems||NEW - 2019||Later in degree||PG only||TBA|
|Ignorance!||NEW - 2019||Later in degree||PG only||TBA|
|Group Research & Innovation Project||Semester 2||Later in degree||UG+PG||TBA|
|Innovation Internship||Semester 2||Later in degree||UG only||TBA|
Course format and assessment
VC’s courses use a mix of guest seminars from leading academics and professionals, and student-run activities. Students commonly remark that the best part of VC’s courses are the students from different disciplines, and so most VC courses have a group-work component too. The major assessment item is a learning portfolio. You can see examples of these assessment items on the example work page.
Information about Wicked Problems, Ignorance!, Group Research & Innovation Project and Innovation Internship will be available shortly.
The VC’s courses are open to students from all disciplines at ANU. You can fit a VC’s course into your degree plan in a number of ways.
- As a University Elective
- Students can take any VC’s course as a university elective. Many degrees allow certain VC’s courses to be a discipline elective – check with your degree program.
- As part of a Minor
- VC’s courses can currently fit into two minors:
- As part of a Major
- VC’s courses can currently fit into one major:
- As part of a Masters
- VC’s courses can currently fit into any masters program:
- As a stand-alone Masters Innovation & Professional Practice
- As a vertical double – Masters Innovation & Professional Practice degree with any other undergraduate degree (Programs & Courses) (See the degree rules on Programs & Courses)
- Most VC’s courses can fit into any masters programs as an elective